Help your wood floor retain its natural beauty
The perfect choice for busy families, regular maintenance on a wood floor means little more than a sweep with a soft broom or vacuuming using the soft floor attachment to avoid letting dirt or grit build up.
Varnished floors are strong and resistant, so when they need cleaning, make sure you use a neutral, mild detergent suitable for varnished hardwood floors.
Oiled floors should be cleaned with a natural liquid soap suitable for oiled hardwood floors. Regular cleaning will reduce the need to re-oil.
These simple ‘dos and don’ts’ will protect your investment and keep your hardwood flooring like new:
- Use a damp cloth or paper towel to blot spills and spots immediately
- Wipe the floor with a damp mop or cloth occasionally
- Periodically clean with designated, professional cleaning products.
- Use rugs or doormats to help prevent dirt being tracked onto the floor
- Put soft covers or pads under furniture
- Avoid sharp or pointed objects coming into contact with your floor
- Do not wash or wet-mop the floor with soap, water or oil soap detergent as this could cause swelling, warping or joint-line separation.
- Do not use steel wool, scouring powder, strong ammoniated or abrasive cleaners
- Do not use any type of buffing machine
- Do not slide heavy objects across the floor
Our flooring expert will arrange a free no obligation visit
with a range of samples and practical advice to
aid you to complete your requirements.